Tuesday, December 24, 2013

The old Noggin

Playing games and doing OK.

I do not own a smart phone.  The dumb one does me just fine.  My daughter offered me her "old" one (which was a 2012 model) and I politely said no.  I like to think for myself and figure things out, even though thing don't come as easily as they did before.  There is a lot to be said for delayed gratification and having the joy of remembering something that was buried in the depths of my brain, even if it takes me a day or so.  I know it will pop back...... Eventually.  I worry that if I don't use it, I will lose it.

Proving who is right.
So today, while we were having a larger snowstorm than expected (all those brilliant meterologists with all their technology were wrong), I went about thinking about some of the events that had happened lately.

I noticed that in all the media footage of what is happening in South Africa, I saw little despair in the people's faces because the great man Mandela had died, but more of the joy that he had lived.

The winter weather has been brutal across the US this week.  TV showed cars spinning out on ice and snow and people stranded in airports frustrated and complaining.  I certainly feel their pain as snow has played a role in some unfortunate incidences in my life.  However, I know that no matter how much we plan our lives, Mother Nature often has the last say, so plan less and go with the flow.  It is less aggravating and more exciting.

Purple, which comes in many shades, is really very pretty.  I must put more in my gardens next year.

On the other hand, people and things that are not pretty,














No comments:

Post a Comment