Wednesday, June 20, 2012

PhotoPrompt, June 18, 2012

Picture submitted by  Susan Kane http://thecontemplativecat.blogspot.com/




I promised Tony that  I would be here.  Last September he said he would be back when summer starts and I think today is the day.  There is quite a ruckus going on at my house because of the new baby and there are so many people running around.  Grandma seems to be directing everything and she told me to go outside and play because I was making too much noise.  I decided to walk to the bridge so that I can see down the road. I have been here an hour and except for a dump truck, no one has passed by. What if he doesn't come?  It can't be summer without him and he promised.  Wait, I think I hear something.  Yes, yes, it's the music he always plays and there's his big white truck. The ice cream man has returned!  The ice cream man has returned!


Mondays PhotoPrompt is a project wherein anyone at anytime can join in..post a picture on a Monday, write something generated by the prompt (prose/poetry/long/short/fiction/nonfiction), read, critique...whatever stirs your pot. You have all week to think about what you want to write (or not).  

If you are going to post a PhotoPrompt or are going to write about a PhotoPrompt or are planning to do some reading and may enjo critiquing please leave a note in comments so everyone can follow

over to your place and see what's happening.

Current list of participants:






11 comments:

  1. Typical kid lol. Great story and use of the prompt. Isn't it interesting the different messages we receive from the pictures?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At first I was going to go in another direction, but heck, today is the first day of summertime. and that means it is time for fun, fun, fun.

      Delete
  2. Hello Arleen:
    Oh how your short story brought back memories from our own childhoods of ice cream vans and the cheery music which they played. You have captured so well the excitement of this event through the eyes of a small child. Not an easy task in so few words.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jane and Lance,

      The ice cream truck still comes by my house every night at about 6 pm. It is a wonderful sound to hear and when I have my grandchildren with me, I always have him stop. I have to admit, the ice cream tasted better when I was young.

      Delete
  3. Ah, that was sweet! I will be posting on this one Friday

    ReplyDelete
  4. The ice cream man!! Whew--I wasn't sure who was going to show up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi-ya! Just stopped by to say a quick howdy. Thanks for the heads up on the spam comment on my blog. Appreciate it. (Killed that sucker!) Gonna spend a long weekend with some of the kiddies, but should be back to posting again by next Wednesday. Seeya then!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Arleen, you certainly captured my attention with this suspenseful response to the photograph. Peace

    ReplyDelete
  7. For a minute there I was a little girl in Brooklyn standing by the curb, waiting for the music...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very sweet story! I love what you did with the photo.

    ReplyDelete