Friday, January 28, 2011

Retirement, End of Month 1

End of Month 1 of Retirement and doing OK.

Communication

Drawing Realistic Ears
As I have mentioned before,  I am living a vampire's life this month and have only been going out at night. Hubby, bless his heart, comes home at 5, sees my mood and says "lets go someplace".  Most times I do (whether I want to or not), but lately with all the snow we have been having, I have been home-bound day and night.  Our evenings now consist of sitting in the family room in our assigned seats and telling each other about our day.  After those 2 minutes, hubby will talk about the cats and I will nod.  I have found that if our conversations go beyond these boundaries, we will spend the rest of the evening saying "huh, what did you say".  We both have some hearing problems from a car accident we had about 10 years ago and, of course, age has played a part in it also.  My loss is in my right ear and his in his left.  We have become one of those Shoebox cards that I used to laugh at.   He denies that there is anything wrong with him, it is me, I have an accent (left NY at age 16) and I am mumbling. There is no point in arguing as my philosophy has always been  "why go into battle after you have lost the war", so he goes back to talking about one of the cats and I go back to nodding.

No comments:

Post a Comment